Aim of this Blog
There is something very wrong with the world that we are made to see around us. Human Society is not happy, there is
protest, discontentment, poverty, inequality, greed, corruption, Ego, Fanatics’, Agnostics’, natural calamities occurring with frightening regularity and above all Global terrorism which just does not want to call it a day.In short there is chaos everywhere. One word that can describe all this is “Qayamat”. In Jamasphi” and at many places in our Zoroastrian scriptures like“Chithrem Buyaat” prayers, it is mentioned that time is near for Shah Behram Varjawand our Saviour to come in this Qayamat and revive us and our Deen. The Saviours from other religions will also appear and will work together with a common goal for grooming mankind and his spiritual revival.
The Western Astrology call this as Aquarian age and phenomenon that we see today are occuring with lightening quickness. For we never knew that Communist USSR will disintegrate one day and fragment into many small nations, that Germany will one day be united, the revolution in Egypt, Syria, the fall of dictators, and China a sleeping giant awakening to technological boom are all an indicator that we are very much in this Aquarian age. The transition from the Age of Pisces to Aquarian Age is already taking its toll till we roll into Age of peace and calm. We are looking forward to being Optimistic and not being fatally Pessimists. Please see the link provided:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Aquarius
More than 100 years before in past when faith was at its lowest Nadir in our community without caring for deep religious significance when there was idle talks about futility of our time tested customs like Dokhmenashini, Rituals, Sudreh Kusti being only a symbol, Avesta Manthra prayers being considered as waste of time, faulty myopic thinking that offerings of sandalwood to Atash Padshah being waste of sound monetary resources which could have been better utilized for betterment of our community, lack of faith was the reason behind these ignorance’s. Ignorance coupled with arrogance was, and still is the main reason stymieing our spiritual progress.
The Zoroastrian hidden Masters in Demavand who are very much concerned about our community’s spiritual progress saw the need of sending a forerunner before the advent of Shah Behram Varjawand Saheb, and they chose Behramshah Nawroji Shroff whom his followers lovingly call him as Ustad Saheb. He brought amongst us Zoroastrian Mysticism called as Zarathosti Ilme-Khshnoom.
The word Khshnoom can be found even in our scriptures, so it is not something alien that is thrust on us. It is the revival of the lost knowledge called as Ilme-Khshnoom that our forefathers had with them that kept the flame of faith burning in their hearts, that Ustad saheb brought for us. The literature is penned down by his chosen and authorized disciples late Dr. Saheb Faramroze Sohrabji Chiniwala, and Late Jehangirji S. Chinwala.
Late Ervad Phiroze Shapurji Masani had for so many years maintained his publication “Frashogard” all under guidance of Ustad Saheb. Today we see that day by day our faith is again going downhill. The need of Saviour can only be felt when all seems to be lost towards Traditional cause. It is to rekindle that hope and faith and iron out unwarranted fear of our religion dying a premature death that this Blog will be looking forward to. The aim for starting this Blog is to translate the majority of Khshnoom literature that is in Gujarati writings of Late Chiniwala brothers and Late Phiroze Masani for the benefit of those genuinely interested in Zoroastrian Mysticism .
When there is too much of chaos nature allows it only up to a certain threshold limit, once it crosses the limits it puts a
full stop to it, for nature has its own ways of bringing Order out of Chaos.
So in mean time what are we Zarathosti Bastekustian supposed to do that will hasten the advent of Shah Behram Varjawand Saheb ? Are we supposed to look skywards and wait for him eternally ? His advent will much depend upon us also.
In nature there is a law of “Supply and Demand”. If the demand is there, supply is guaranteed. In Bible it is said that "Ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you will find it, knock and the doors will open to you." ….. Mathew 7:7 Niv. Unfortunately the much needed knock never seems to happen and everybody is busy enjoying their fun filled moments and warns us to keep off limits of their rights and Freedom. But they seem to forget that behind every right that one asks for, there is a responsibility which is conveniently forgotten.
"RTI" also known as "Right to information"is blatantly misused in today's world of so called Freedom . Some want Freedom to enjoy whatever is appealing to them, but is considered as Taboo in Society. Not before all these false ideology will be swept away by fury of nature and realization of folly will dawn naturally aftermath,nevertheless too late by then, but the road will be paved for introducing Shah Behram Varjawand to the world.
In middle of face-off between two warring sides and Chaos, we will come to know the time of Varjawand Saheb's arrival automatically. As a Mother knows intuitively the time of delivery of the baby, we will feel the desperate pangs of labour like a Mother feels before her delivery.
Right now only a few are longing for his arrival but just as "A lone sparrow does not herald a spring" similarly one requires a collective thought force to set everything in motion. For that I had started a short exercise every 7.30 a.m. in morning but unfortunately we don’t seem to realize its importance. Till we are all vibrating with one frequency, other word is called as Hum Mithra, Varjawand Saheb’s advent will be a distant dream only. The exercise is as under to be followed by a Mithra every 7 a.m. or around that time frame. No need to be very rigid about time. The Mithra is as under:-
What is Hum Mithra:-
Man proposes and God disposes. Hence we requires Dadar Ahura Mazda’s blessings all the time for success and that is known as “Daham Afriti”. Without it we cannot move forward even an inch. But for his Daham Afriti to be assessable to us we require to think with one vibration in Hamoi, only then can we succeed in our purpose. Dadar Ahura Mazda is not happy when there is infighting so how can we receive his Daham Afreeti. This one thought force having selfless single pure vibration is known as Hum Mithra. The Law of cause and effect governs this universe so whatever incidents we see bad or good its cause has to be there. Every action has its reaction. The bad precedent that we are facing now after a crematorium is announced in Worli where innocent public are falling prey to it. Those encouraging Aramgah and such ashmogi are themselves the victims of their own deeds so we have to pity them instead of contempt for them and a calming thought has to be passed by us at a particular time collectively. If love is the language of angels then why should we be harsh to even our so called enemies. For in life there are no enemies, and everything is Karmic. The Bhali Dua is as under:-
Bhali Dua at 0730 am every morning:-
2 Yatha , 1 Ashem Vohu.
Those ignorant brothers and sisters opposing our age old customs of Dokhmenashini and believe in universality of our religion by inviting all to our holy places and Iranshah need our pity and not contempt for they are bitten by the demon of ignorance and arrogance. O Paak Dadar Ahura Mazda shower your choicest blessings upon them that they regain their lost faith and begin realizing that the true nature of religion is humility.
"Let no harm come upon the Traditional Zoroastrian flag and its values which are so dear to us. Let the reformists agenda and their nefarious plans never succeed. Let no harm befall upon Pavmahal of India that is - our Iranshah of Udwada and all Atash Behram, Atash Adran and Dadgah of India. Let not one day pass without Atash Parasti and our reverence towards Holy consecrated Fire(Pavmahal),Dokhmas, Sudreh Kusti, Mathravani which acts as a weapon to thwart evil. Enable us to protect our racial traits of Parsi Panu through Boonak Pasbani. Enable us to maintain our true “Zarathosti Khandani” by not intermarrying and continue with our Aryan Lineage intact. May the advent of Shah Behram Varjawand come soon, and before him may his forerunners arrive at the earliest and grant us spiritual strength to withstand evil around us. Let my Kusti Padiav and my Tarikats be helpful to nature to fight for the cause of righteousness against the evil negative forces of Drujis, and may it protect us all Zarathustis and entire humanity who live by their religion and its tenets. "Phiroj baad Khureh avizeh Vehdin e Mazdiyasnan" - Let the Khoreh of Mazdiyasni Zarathosti deen protect its faithful followers"
1 Yatha, 2 Ashem Vohu
Firdosh K Sukhia
Sunday, July 13, 2014
Zoroastrian Genocide and the Two Zoroastrian Calendars - Fasli and Hushmordi - Part 1
The Genocide of Jews by Hitler, and Persians of Iran is a thing of past. What we see as of today is reflection of what has been happening till now in the past. Some radical groups in Africa claiming to abduct small school girls and selling them as slaves is just a reflection of the past atrocities that has actually happened during downfall of Persia and which we are witnessing now as sort of trailer from the past. For they believe that Western culture, and education are image of materialism which is the root cause of all evil. This may be true up to a certain extent but terrorizing the innocent folks abducting them and making women their slaves and selling them off for a paltry amount is going to extreme. That is why they are called extremists. To put matters in right perspective the western civilization though they may have made genuine effort in understanding the world’s great revealed religions like Hinduism, Zoroastrianism and Islam, have made a mess of the translations of their Holy Scriptures and are unable to grasp the true essence of the mysticism behind every revealed religions of the world. The Irony of it is that they have not been able to understand their own religion of Christianity and Mysticism in it, doubting even the authenticity of Bible itself. Even doubting their own and other Prophets as mere historic philosopher or a herdsman or shepherd influencing the public with their own philosophy.
Putman the balance of life:-
If we want real peace of mind being harmonious with nature, we have to look at every aspect of life with balance. Too much of anything is bad. Even a Nectar like Honey in high doses becomes a poison for us. Similarly a dose of Snake poison if used judiciously in form of Homeopathic prescription for example “Naja”, or Mercury has cure for so many of our maladies. Hence a person with too much Faith without tolerance, one becomes a Fanatics, similarly one with no faith at all becomes Agnostic or a non-believer. One extreme end is called as “Aivibud”, the other extreme end is called as “Frebud” but the in-between path is called as “Putman” – the “Balance”. With Balance everything becomes clear to us and we find peace. One who has achieved mastery on his self when he treads on life path when he sees on one side garbage and on other side garden of roses, does not get disturbed by obnoxious smell of Garbage but remains cool, calm and collected. This calmness he achieves from knowledge lying dormant within him which he has acquired through Ashoi. That knowledge is that each one is progressing at his own speed and level of understanding and we all will finally reach the goal of perfection one day. No denying about that, and we all are governed by immutable law of Keshash and escaping from our “keshash” is likened to a camel passing through an eye of a needle which is an impossibility. Nobody can escape from it. Not even the highly evolved souls like Magav saheb will intervene in Keshash of others. What we take with us from here is only “Neki”, and material wealth is of no use up there, and the rest we have to return it back with interest. All our past “Neki” is stored in our first Chakra which we have to preserve it by covering our head all the time and which remains in jurisdiction of Sarosh Yazad. This achieved mastery over self is known as Path of “Saheb-e-Dilan” or Master of Dil our own consciousness. That is why it is said “Neki Kar Darya me Dal”. Don’t expect any reward for it, just do it and forget about it and you will get reward when we are eligible for it, in its own time and place. That is why in Bhagvad Gita Krishna advices to Arjun not to expect for reward just do your duty or Dharma without any expectations. That is why we see as to why a person who is not leading life as prescribed by our prophet is rewarded by nature. The answer to that is very simple and that is he is receiving fruits of his past actions. The reward or punishment of present action he will get it at its own time and place.
Time will take us to Salvation:-
What has to happen will happen anyway as per Plan of Ahunavar, and we don’t have to react negatively. What we have to understand here is that behind all great upheavals of civilisation the real hidden reason behind all these is that time is not constant and nothing is permanent here. Time is not linear but cyclic in nature, and like a graph there are always ups and downs in it. At one point of time Zoroastrian civilization is at peak at another point there is downfall. What we are talking here is time span stretching up to thousand and thousands of years and is not a History of few hundred years we witness in our life time. The end of one time life cycle meets the beginning of another time cycle. What we are talking here is called as “Hapt Rang e Zaman” or “Tavil e Zarvane Daregho khadat”. Our earth and humanity on it is exposed to seven planetary colours of Zodiac that governs the time and Era we live in. The present time that we live in is the one that comes out of our own past, which will be the future of our own next coming generation. All three are inter-related with one another, that is Past, Present and Future. Then what exactly is this Time made up of ??
Defination of Time:-
“Time is a measured duration, the material of our being, and the index of our progression to Eternity”. ………………Reference:- Pg. 114 Firdausi Tusi Memorial Volume.
Firdausi Tusi says in his Shahnamah Reference:- page 613 Frashogard memorial volume of Firdausi Tusi:-
Na gashteh zamaneh bafsaryadash,
Na az ranjo Timar Bogzaydash.
Na az Zumbesh Aram Girads Hami,
Ne chu ma tabahi Pizard Hami.
Translation:- Zamanah will keep on moving, revolving. And the Celestial Movement in the skies does not get tired or sad or old in its movement and its effects never cease to occur. The era or zamanah manifests as per movement of revolving skies. The movement of the skies is the cause, and its effect is the Zamanah we live in. The movement of skies keeps on moving ceaselessly on and on and it just does not die like us.
Little knowledge more dangerous than having no knowledge at all:-
Firdausi Tusi was emphasising the importance of moving skies movement and how we are helpless to its effects.The above lines Firdausi writes because in those prevailing times the hard liners who had little but not complete knowledge of Astrology and Astronomy branded Firdausi as “Dehri”. This opinion of hard liners comes from ignorance and the Superstitious belief labelling Firdausi as worshipper of the moving skies as some sort of God instead of one God Allah. Dehri= non believer of one god but giving undue importance to the revolving skies as almighty God himself. It takes courage to write such lines when the whole world around you is against you, when he fearlessly writes as below:-
Agar Chasma dari Digar Saray,
Be nezdeh Vali O Nabi Gir Jaye.
Agar Zin Bad ayad Gonah Mansta,
Chuninsta e rasmo rahe Mansta.
Aba Digara Mur marah kar nisht,
Badeshan marah rahe goftar nisht.
Firdausi Tusi says in his lines that “ If you desire to go to desirable place after your death, then make arrangements beforehand and try to go to place where Nabi and Ali dwells. If you, like me are unable to make such arrangements “Bad Ayad”, then just remember the fault is within me and due to my past deeds I am unable to go there. I am not at all concerned with others “Aba Digara” and I am not answerable for others and their deeds “marah kar nisht” . For I do not want to discuss, listen and believe in their fanatical Fatwas or Dos and Don’ts which are driven by superstitious believes.
Thus the hard liners labelled him as “Rafji” or the Heretic. Firdausi Tusi understood the real Mystic part of Islam which others were unable to grasp it. Refer Firdausi Tusi Memorial Volume Page 614
History repeats itself:-
That is why we see history as so repetitive here, when we say as History repeats itself. Even a history of few hundred years is not correctly recorded here, owing to the bias of historians who are writing it. The Greeks and Romans have done so with our History . The reason for their Bias is due to their inevitable defeat on the hands of Persians who they tried to subjugate them with their entire might applied yet with failure. The classic example is the history that goes behind India’s Freedom struggle and how we achieved Independence from the British. What is the Irony of Indian Independence is that although we have achieved freedom from British we have become slaves to their habits and culture. The Hindus have forgotten their own ancient religion, what is said in Vedas and Gita, and have adopted the west and its ways of life. Same is case with every religion here. We Parsees also do not lag behind in not remembering the ancient teachings of our great religion. This is time of Kali-Yuga where all ignorance comes out. This is like a rat in hiding is exposed to materialistic tunes of the Pied Piper. This is nothing short of us falling into ancient trap of Satan which never fails to hit his target with precision. All Satan has to do is lure us into three trap of vices or “The Three Sirens”. The three Sirens are 1) Power, 2) Women 3) Wealth.
After all Satan first works on our thoughts with temptations, so are we helpless ??. The answer is no which will be a relief to many of us. Just as we face problems, so do we have solution for it. As per our Deen the best way to tackle bad thoughts is to speak Truth to break ourselves free from the shackles of Bad thoughts. Druji Buji is prevailing everywhere in our surrounding artmosphere. We follow Meher Patet Traikat, keep our khoreh as much as pure this will set us apart and free us from the shackes. Never to have negative thoughts over our inability to follow Tarikats and continue with our Avesta Mathra. Cleanliness of our inner hidden thoughts – Batein Mithra will keep two third of our khoreh clean, the rest one third Khoreh we have to clean it with druj Parhej Traikats.
Reference:- Parsee Avaz 4.12.1960 page 3
Now let us touch topic of Fasal. Reference:- Firdausi Tusi Millenary Frashogard Memorial Volume Page 132-135.
Difference between Fasal and Rutu ( weather):-
1) Fasal is divine knowledge= Batein, and not worldly knowledge and is based on truths in nature.
2) Fasal is not weather( Rutu)
3) Our Rituals, Prayers and Gahambars as per Bar wakhat ( right time in nature) is not based on weather.
4) Our Rituals, Prayers and Gahambars as per Bar wakhat ( right time in nature) are based on unseen currents of Fasal or “Fasal Khastar” .
5) Fasal are certain and constant.
6) Weather or “Rutu” is uncertain, erratic, and variable.
7) The machinery behind Fasal Is from Minoi world or Jirmani world which is known as Hasti Universe or Immortal world.
8) The reason behind Rutu or weather is Nisti or world which is not permanent and is also called as Arvahi or Jirmani world.
9) Fasal is based on Stoat Yasna.
10) Rutu or weather is based on 4 elements and its combinations with one another. The 4 elements are Fire, Air, water, and Earth.
11) Fasal is based on 12 Zodiac signs which are composed of “27 Manzal”, or 27 Nakshatras, and passing of Sun or “Khurshed” through these
Zodiacs at certain time activate Fasal Currents beneficial for this earth.
12) Weather or Rutu is based on surrounding atmosphere known as “Vayu Upar kairyo”, and Earth’s Geographical positions or its Latitude and
13) The base of Fasal depends solely on Sun and its Movement.
14) The Rituals and prayers in our Zarathosti Deen and its effectiveness or results depends solely on Sun and its movement in the skies.
15) The currents of Fasal falling on any place on earth is of uniform nature and spread evenly on earth.
16) When Sun starts its journey from its own Zodiac sign of Aries first that is on Vernal Equinox near 21st March, and later on when it reaches Cancer Zodiac Sign which is the fourth sign, later to Virgo sign which is the 6th Zodiac Sign, later to Libra which is 7th Zodiac sign, and later to Capricornus or the 10th Zodiac Sign and finally to Pisces which is the 12th Zodiac sign. In the above mentioned Zodiac signs the 6 planets are Sharif( Unch) or in exaltation. At particular time of the year, when sun( Khurshed) passes through the under mentioned particular degree of exaltation, then only Fasal Khastar gets activated and comes down on Earth. That is why Fasal is always at “Bar Wakhat” or right time in nature. In Astrology the Planet in its own exaltation acts as if it was a welcomed guest, having things done for it but not having complete control over the situation. The strength of the Planet is augmented and its virtues are magnified. Refer the table below:-
Courtesy:- This Image is taken from Firdausi Tusi Millenary Frashogard Memorial Volume No. 24 Issue 1- 4.
17) Fasal has got no connection with English, Christian, Hindu, Islamic or Jewish Calendars.
18) Fasal is absolute independent rule governed by Sun moving in 12 Zodiac Signs.
19) As we are supposed to attune with Daena or inner consciousness of our Zarathusti Deen, similarly we are supposed to attune ourselves with Fasal currents and is known as “Ratu-Friti” and “Paiti-Frasao”.
20) The above mentioned names of 6 Gahambars are not any names of “Rutu” or weather, and whenever Fasal currents simultaneously manifest itself at right time in nature on this earth that is time when special Gahambar kriyas can and should be performed. That is what one means when we celebrate Gahambars. The feasting ceremony during Gahambars is only superficial way of celebrating and observing Gahambars.
21) As Mithra ( Thoughts), Mathra ( Spoken words), Yasna ( action, deeds), Asha ( Ashoi), Kharenagah ( Khoreh), Paityoget ( Keshash), Ahu ( Havarashta and Hukhta which is result of Hukhta) Note;- It is through Humata, Hukhata and Havarashta of Yazata that this Universe functions, Khetvodath ( Male and female parts merge and thus forms one whole unit of Ruvan), Stoat ( Various Chanels of Ahunavar working in Nature), Khastar ( There are 81 types of electricity in nature of which Electrical power we see is the most grossest in nature and at lowest level) are all basic and immutable laws of nature through which it functions. Similarly basic laws of Ratu ( Fasal) are exdplained in Ashat Nask ( Pehelvi Pajeh). In other two Nasks namely Dadat Nask ( Pehelvi Hadokht Nask) and Aa Nask ( Pehelvi Husparam Nask) contains details of Fasal and Gahambar. The Pehlevi Dinkard book translated by Late Peshotan Sanjana is analysis of 21 Nasks, and the above explanation of Fasal and Gahamabar can be found in Volume No 8 of Dinkard. But it is just an Analysis whereas actual Tavil can be found from Khshnoomic literature.
22) Just as to understand what is Ashoi one has to actually observe physical purity rules and by observing it meticulously one can understand it later. Similarly the inner Mystic details of Fasal and its real purpose in nature can be understood only if it has been put into actual practice or Amal.From Pahalvi Hadokht Nask itself old Avesta references which are lost can be found luckily in our present extant Pazand prayers of Afrin e Gahambar.
23) High degree of Ashoi is required for one to perform Amal of Fasal and which can be done by none other than an Ashwan of 6 Kash only and not by us. One has to take into consideration the connection between 12 months of our Zarathosti deen from Fravardin Mah to Aspandard Mah and its connections with 12 Zodiac signs of 4 various Zodiac constellations known as Bhachakra.
24) Just as meaning of “Aap” does not limit oneself to waters of well, sea, rain or lakes that we see and that which can quench our thirst, similarly the Atash does not mean the heat producing fire that can ignite the wood, similarly the word “Asp” does not merely mean horse, and so is the case with Gav, which does not merely mean four legged Gospand. Similarly Ratu or Fasal does not merely mean Rutu or Seasons.
25) The source of Fasal and its currents come right from 8th Asman of “Anagra-Raocha” which is even above the 7 eternal Hasti Asmans and it means skies of endless shining lights filled with sparking Stars. Khordad Amesaspand and its jurisdiction is prevailing on 8th Asman who is specially allotted the portfolio of Time just as a minister is allotted a portfolio by Prime Minister, but over here P.M. is dadar Ahura Mazda himself who is himself working in different way as Khordad Ameshpand working on “fasal” currents and “Ratu” so very much essential for upkeep of this Universe.
26) Dinkard, Bundaheshneh, and Afrin E Gahambar has to be studied properly to reach to a logical conclusion.
27) Yaerya and Sared Yazad are two co-workers of Khordad Amesaspand who work on principles of Mazdadat and Ahura Daat as explained in Madayasni Zarathosti deen.
28) In first sign of Aries when Sun arrives on or around 21st March every year as per Sayana Astrology or on 13th April as per Niryana Astrology of Hindus has to be properly understood. “Aspinacha Yavino” as in haptan yasht has to be understood properly. Note:- Yaerya Yazad brings down the Fasal currents on this earth which brings Niyamat , Rutu or seasons and western Ephemeris of Sayana or western Astrology is consulted.Where as Sared yazad brings down Bago Bakht currents down on earth – Keshash of every individual man is brought down and Hindu Panchagna is consulted.
There were/are many Scholars who felt and feel even today that the best calendar is Fasal and not the present Calendar of Hushmordi Shahenshahi Calendar which we are following today. My effort will be in the direction to prove how wrong those scholars of the past were in coming to that conclusion, and by taking help of Dr Saheb F.S. Chiniwala’s and Jehangirji Chiniwala’s writings.
Firdosh K. Sukhia
……………… to be continued