Aim of this Blog
There is something very wrong with the world that we are made to see around us. Human Society is not happy, there is
protest, discontentment, poverty, inequality, greed, corruption, Ego, Fanatics’, Agnostics’, natural calamities occurring with frightening regularity and above all Global terrorism which just does not want to call it a day.In short there is chaos everywhere. One word that can describe all this is “Qayamat”. In Jamasphi” and at many places in our Zoroastrian scriptures like“Chithrem Buyaat” prayers, it is mentioned that time is near for Shah Behram Varjawand our Saviour to come in this Qayamat and revive us and our Deen. The Saviours from other religions will also appear and will work together with a common goal for grooming mankind and his spiritual revival.
The Western Astrology call this as Aquarian age and phenomenon that we see today are occuring with lightening quickness. For we never knew that Communist USSR will disintegrate one day and fragment into many small nations, that Germany will one day be united, the revolution in Egypt, Syria, the fall of dictators, and China a sleeping giant awakening to technological boom are all an indicator that we are very much in this Aquarian age. The transition from the Age of Pisces to Aquarian Age is already taking its toll till we roll into Age of peace and calm. We are looking forward to being Optimistic and not being fatally Pessimists. Please see the link provided:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Aquarius
More than 100 years before in past when faith was at its lowest Nadir in our community without caring for deep religious significance when there was idle talks about futility of our time tested customs like Dokhmenashini, Rituals, Sudreh Kusti being only a symbol, Avesta Manthra prayers being considered as waste of time, faulty myopic thinking that offerings of sandalwood to Atash Padshah being waste of sound monetary resources which could have been better utilized for betterment of our community, lack of faith was the reason behind these ignorance’s. Ignorance coupled with arrogance was, and still is the main reason stymieing our spiritual progress.
The Zoroastrian hidden Masters in Demavand who are very much concerned about our community’s spiritual progress saw the need of sending a forerunner before the advent of Shah Behram Varjawand Saheb, and they chose Behramshah Nawroji Shroff whom his followers lovingly call him as Ustad Saheb. He brought amongst us Zoroastrian Mysticism called as Zarathosti Ilme-Khshnoom.
The word Khshnoom can be found even in our scriptures, so it is not something alien that is thrust on us. It is the revival of the lost knowledge called as Ilme-Khshnoom that our forefathers had with them that kept the flame of faith burning in their hearts, that Ustad saheb brought for us. The literature is penned down by his chosen and authorized disciples late Dr. Saheb Faramroze Sohrabji Chiniwala, and Late Jehangirji S. Chinwala.
Late Ervad Phiroze Shapurji Masani had for so many years maintained his publication “Frashogard” all under guidance of Ustad Saheb. Today we see that day by day our faith is again going downhill. The need of Saviour can only be felt when all seems to be lost towards Traditional cause. It is to rekindle that hope and faith and iron out unwarranted fear of our religion dying a premature death that this Blog will be looking forward to. The aim for starting this Blog is to translate the majority of Khshnoom literature that is in Gujarati writings of Late Chiniwala brothers and Late Phiroze Masani for the benefit of those genuinely interested in Zoroastrian Mysticism .
When there is too much of chaos nature allows it only up to a certain threshold limit, once it crosses the limits it puts a
full stop to it, for nature has its own ways of bringing Order out of Chaos.
So in mean time what are we Zarathosti Bastekustian supposed to do that will hasten the advent of Shah Behram Varjawand Saheb ? Are we supposed to look skywards and wait for him eternally ? His advent will much depend upon us also.
In nature there is a law of “Supply and Demand”. If the demand is there, supply is guaranteed. In Bible it is said that "Ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you will find it, knock and the doors will open to you." ….. Mathew 7:7 Niv. Unfortunately the much needed knock never seems to happen and everybody is busy enjoying their fun filled moments and warns us to keep off limits of their rights and Freedom. But they seem to forget that behind every right that one asks for, there is a responsibility which is conveniently forgotten.
"RTI" also known as "Right to information"is blatantly misused in today's world of so called Freedom . Some want Freedom to enjoy whatever is appealing to them, but is considered as Taboo in Society. Not before all these false ideology will be swept away by fury of nature and realization of folly will dawn naturally aftermath,nevertheless too late by then, but the road will be paved for introducing Shah Behram Varjawand to the world.
In middle of face-off between two warring sides and Chaos, we will come to know the time of Varjawand Saheb's arrival automatically. As a Mother knows intuitively the time of delivery of the baby, we will feel the desperate pangs of labour like a Mother feels before her delivery.
Right now only a few are longing for his arrival but just as "A lone sparrow does not herald a spring" similarly one requires a collective thought force to set everything in motion. For that I had started a short exercise every 7.30 a.m. in morning but unfortunately we don’t seem to realize its importance. Till we are all vibrating with one frequency, other word is called as Hum Mithra, Varjawand Saheb’s advent will be a distant dream only. The exercise is as under to be followed by a Mithra every 7 a.m. or around that time frame. No need to be very rigid about time. The Mithra is as under:-
What is Hum Mithra:-
Man proposes and God disposes. Hence we requires Dadar Ahura Mazda’s blessings all the time for success and that is known as “Daham Afriti”. Without it we cannot move forward even an inch. But for his Daham Afriti to be assessable to us we require to think with one vibration in Hamoi, only then can we succeed in our purpose. Dadar Ahura Mazda is not happy when there is infighting so how can we receive his Daham Afreeti. This one thought force having selfless single pure vibration is known as Hum Mithra. The Law of cause and effect governs this universe so whatever incidents we see bad or good its cause has to be there. Every action has its reaction. The bad precedent that we are facing now after a crematorium is announced in Worli where innocent public are falling prey to it. Those encouraging Aramgah and such ashmogi are themselves the victims of their own deeds so we have to pity them instead of contempt for them and a calming thought has to be passed by us at a particular time collectively. If love is the language of angels then why should we be harsh to even our so called enemies. For in life there are no enemies, and everything is Karmic. The Bhali Dua is as under:-
Bhali Dua at 0730 am every morning:-
2 Yatha , 1 Ashem Vohu.
Those ignorant brothers and sisters opposing our age old customs of Dokhmenashini and believe in universality of our religion by inviting all to our holy places and Iranshah need our pity and not contempt for they are bitten by the demon of ignorance and arrogance. O Paak Dadar Ahura Mazda shower your choicest blessings upon them that they regain their lost faith and begin realizing that the true nature of religion is humility.
"Let no harm come upon the Traditional Zoroastrian flag and its values which are so dear to us. Let the reformists agenda and their nefarious plans never succeed. Let no harm befall upon Pavmahal of India that is - our Iranshah of Udwada and all Atash Behram, Atash Adran and Dadgah of India. Let not one day pass without Atash Parasti and our reverence towards Holy consecrated Fire(Pavmahal),Dokhmas, Sudreh Kusti, Mathravani which acts as a weapon to thwart evil. Enable us to protect our racial traits of Parsi Panu through Boonak Pasbani. Enable us to maintain our true “Zarathosti Khandani” by not intermarrying and continue with our Aryan Lineage intact. May the advent of Shah Behram Varjawand come soon, and before him may his forerunners arrive at the earliest and grant us spiritual strength to withstand evil around us. Let my Kusti Padiav and my Tarikats be helpful to nature to fight for the cause of righteousness against the evil negative forces of Drujis, and may it protect us all Zarathustis and entire humanity who live by their religion and its tenets. "Phiroj baad Khureh avizeh Vehdin e Mazdiyasnan" - Let the Khoreh of Mazdiyasni Zarathosti deen protect its faithful followers"
1 Yatha, 2 Ashem Vohu
Firdosh K Sukhia
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Sixteen qualities(Virtues) of an Athravan – Part 6
Reference (old) Parsee Avaz 29.11.1959 page 4 & 6 “Porso- Pasokh va Nuktechini” column or Question and Answer Column
8) Kherdi-Kunashneh:- As per wish of Harvespa-Agha whatever benevolent deeds of Kunashni are required to run the nature’s machinery can be aided and reinforced by exalted actions or Kunashni of an Ashwan Athrawan. Today in this present Kaliyug, Yasna and Standard Operating Procedures of all performed Kriyas can only be orally passed on from generation to generation as running Traditions. An ordinary Athravan of Hutox category even in this kalyug or Hashmi Zamana and bearing load of his complicated and convoluted karma, can if he remains true to all Farman’s of our deen develop further the above mentioned quality of an Athravan. Such a kriya ritual even when performed by him but within the ambit perimeter of Pavmahal Talismanic circuits becomes potent and efficacious provided correct procedures are followed whilst performing it. An ordinary Athravan having developed the above mentioned quality of an Athravan, will with his developed Kherad and explicit obedience perform such a kriya verbatim as shown to him by his seniors and dare not repudiate and make any changes in long standing traditions as per his whims and fancy.
Whereas an Ashwan Athravan can transform this particular quality of Athravan into endowment of power by manifesting for himself power booster elemental fields known as “Upyan of deen” that will vitalize this performed Pavmahal Kriya of Yasna into a sure shot success. The faithful followers of our deen are benefited by such selfless Kriyas performed by Ashwan Athravan for benefit of mankind. Such an Ashwan Athrawan will fully understand the detailed making of such Kriyas and with his mind’s eye can in “Sezda” cinematographically demonstrate to adept the keherp formed in nature by this Kriyas. He now can see spark of Ahuramazda and praises all his creations. He now understands that both the Sinner and an Ashwan Abed are on a certain level of evolution. He does not look down with contempt towards a Sinner and there is no trace of acrimony or bitterness within him. He does not get angry anymore and Aesham Dev the Dev of anger cannot harm him.
9) Chisti-Vastrem:- Divine Wisdom is another meaning of Chisti-Vastrem and an ordinary Athravan of Hutox category having developed such a quality is blessed with Wisdom. Wisdom and Knowledge are interconnected but what sets it apart from one another is as under:- "Knowledge is not what you can remember, but what you cannot forget." Also Knowledge makes us proud whereas Wisdom brings humility in us and hence adage as follow:- “Knowledge is proud he has learned so much, Wisdom is humble he knows no more”……. By Anonymous.
Whereas an Ashwan Athravan can transform this quality of Wisdom into Power as a Seer having realized wisdom of three tenses of stretch of time also called as “Trikaal Gyani” . Our Paigambar Saheb could see much beyond that and could foresee seven tenses of stretch of time or “Zarwan”.
10) Yozdathre-Tanu:- The literal meaning of it is physical body of Piety. Ordinary Athravan who observes all Tarikats leading a lawful married life, bearing all responsibility of his family keeping his passions under check and using it for procreating only and not for self-gratification can develop the above mentioned quality of Athravan by being able to assimilate divine blessings in his “Aipi” or immediate surrounding his physical body. As per teachings of ilme-Khshnoom there is subtle difference between body of an Athravan and a Behdin which we ordinary humans cannot make out. Physical body of an Athornan who observes all canons of deen possess the vibrations or Stoats of “Honwar” in more abundance than a Behdin and hence is eligible to assimilate “Gune Parwar” thereby maintaining flow of high grade “Akherater Khoreh” in his spanking clean “Aipi”.An Athravan having undergone complete Navar, and Maratab can invoke divine benedictions. Whereas an Ashwan convert this quality of Athravan into power stored within him. His Ushtan or Breath force gets connected to Adar Froba the atash prevalent on 6th Orb of Asman. He is able to connect himself with “Yozdah” energy that is prevalent in nature which can grant Piety to the one who is eligible for it. Such a Ashwan automatically becomes a co-worker or“Humkar” of “Yozdah” energy prevalent in nature. He can build Talimanic protection circuits or benedictions composed out of Mathra and Yasna. Besides he not only can subjugate lower grade of “Sephli” evil Jinns or Pari but can convert them into higher grade known as “Ulvi” spirits.
Having developed all the above mentioned qualities including the above three qualities of Athravan namely Kherdi-Kunashneh, Chisti-Vastrem, and Yozdasthreh-Tanu than a Athornan is qualified to reach classified “Asantar” grade of Zoroastrian Priesthood.
11) Shiva-Hizwan:- The word Shiyav can also mean Sudreh-Kusti and Hizwan means to make best use of it. Ordinary Kesashi Athravan can develop this quality by maintaining Amal of his Sudreh Kusti properly. He can with his oratory skill be able to convince Sceptics the complex topics related to our religion with ease. Ordinary Oratory skills are different than oratory skills developed by an Athravan having developed above quality of Athravan. An Athravan makes use of his 8th Chakra of tongue as well as 9th Chakra of his throat to provide a lasting impression of greatness of our deen with his speech. Whereas an Ashwan Athravan whose mere uttered words and speech becomes a means of power to bring down Yazatic blessings on this earth. He can at once convince even a sceptic, once vibrations of his speech reach the ears of a Sceptic. If one is able to find a Ustad or Master of such an Aswan Athravan then he can grant his disciple with special powers known as “Ata” or blessings of Asere-Roshni currents prevalent in nature, and his disciple can convince anybody with the power of his speech.
Having developed all the above mentioned qualities including quality of Shiva-Hizwan then an Athornan reaches classified “Rathvishakar” grade of Zoroastrian Priesthood.
12) Narma-Nask:- Narma means interpretation of a hidden meaning of a word and Nask means assemblage of all Avesta Volumes. An Ordinary Athrawan of Hutox category can with help of Ustad or Master having knowledge of Stoat Yasna, decipher the inner exposition of Avesta prayers and derive “Taavil” from Manthra. Whereas an Ashwan Athravan can transform this quality into Power by having authority to create Zend Avesta and he can actually see the elemental fields emanating from formation of stoat vibrations of such prayers.
Having developed the above mentioned quality of Narma-Nask then an Athornan reaches classified “Havanan” grade of Zoroastrian Priesthood or Yozdathregar.
He is now authorized to consecrate Hom or “Hom Ejan” and can materialize divine Keherp from such consecrations. This by itself is a very complex and lengthy procedure. For bird’s eye view of Classification of Zoroastrian Priesthood a chart has been prepared which will be put at the end of the serializing of complete article.
13) Rast-Avesta:- Literal meaning of this word is to pronounce Avesta prayers correctly. There are many ways of reciting Avesta in “Drenjya” form and in certain manner of tone, texture and having correct decibel of sound having high and low peaks like a melody which can be only shown by his Ustad or Master. Drenjya means reciting Avesta prayers from start to finish at one go like low of water in a stream and in short spells of Breath and with prescribed pronunciation, punctuation and enunciation as recommended for Avesta recitation, which requires a guide or Master. An ordinary Athrawan having developed above mentioned quality of an Athravan can do so under guidance of Ustad. Whereas an Ashwan Athravan can transform this quality into Power. He besides praying Avesta in certain Drenjya manner is able to see with his own eyes the Keherp formed in nature by stoat vibrations of such recited prayers. Whilst reciting if he finds disharmony in melody then he adds immediately corrective remedial vibrations in his recited prayers having particular stoats which he is proficient in it. Such measures adopted by him will iron out any anomalies arisen from recital of Avesta prayers. For example just as a painter while painting his art piece if he finds any defects which is an eye sore to his experienced vision will correct it immediately, similarly an Ashwan Athornan with help of “Stravi Gathavya Vacha” spiritual technic of praying Avesta prayers, can see with his sheer eyes the keherp formed from vibrations of Manthra recited and its respective Mithra that are prevalent in nature along with it. One of the method of praying Avesta is Mithra along with recited Manthra which was practiced in olden times but is now completely forgotten today.
Note:- Manthra can be prayed in three different ways 1) Drenjya 2) Mur 3) Stravi Gathavya Vacha. In Drernjya the devotee prays Avesta with one Para after another like free flowing water in a stream of river with only one thought force in his mind that he receive the benefits of prayers offered by him and help in his own small way Dadar Ahura Mazda and HIS functions in nature of fighting against dark forces. But whilst praying in above manner he should remain stationary and not swing like a pendulum as is the case with many of us. In Mur type of prayers the devotee besides praying in above manner sits in a special manner known as “Do Zanoo”. When we see photo of Shah Faredoon sitting and praying we can see him not crossing his legs but folding his legs at his side by touching both his thighs( Do Jang – Do zanoo) together folded on his side.
In Stravi Gathavya Vacha he prays Avesta along with his Mithra. ....... Reference Khordeh Avesta Ba Khshnoom by Dr. Saheb Faramroze S. Chiniwala Page 27 - 29.
........ to be continued further